- Onion – 4 – 5 (medium-sized)
- Gram flour (Besan) – one cup
- Cumin – half teaspoon
- Green coriander finely chopped – little amount
- Pomegranate – one teaspoon
- Green chili – 2
- Coriander – two tablespoon
- Sweet soda – a pinch
- Ginger – a small piece
- Red chili powder – 1 teaspoon
- Thyme – 1 teaspoon
- Rice flour or corn starch – 1/2 tablespoon (to make pakoda crunchy)
- Salt and chaat masala (accordingly)
- Edible oil or ghee – to fry
Peel the onion and cut it into thin and long pieces. In a large bowl, add a little salt to the onion and let it stand for 5 minutes.
This will release excess water. Now add gram flour, finely chopped coriander leaves, finely chopped green chili, red chili powder, rice flour, ginger paste, cumin, whole coriander, sweet soda, and salt as per taste and mix well.
Now add a little amount of water to make it semi-dry dough to bind all ingredients.
Fry the pakoras on medium heat flame in hot oil till they turn golden in color. Your hot Pakodas is ready, now serve it with chaat masala and chutney.